St. Peter’s Episcopal Church
St. Peter’s Episcopal Church was the eighth church to be sponsored by downtown St. Paul’s Episcopal Church. The organizational meeting was held February 7, 1957. The first service was held in the Red Bank High School auditorium on Sunday, March 10, 1957, and continued there thru Christmas 1958. It was not an ideal situation since the steeply-sloping floor made kneeling for prayer an acrobatic act. The lack of air-conditioning and ventilation in the auditorium made summer services nearly intolerable. An anonymous donor from St. Paul’s gave the congregation a large tract of land on Ashland Terrace. The new church facilities were dedicated in 1959, with the Moller installed around the same time. Construction began on the new nave, undercroft and office facilities began in April 1992 and were dedicated on April 11, 1993. The Moller was moved to the new nave by Barger & Nix. The spacious and airy nave seats 350 and has an excellent acoustic.
M. P. Moller, Inc., Opus 9343, 1959, 2/4
2 2/3′ Nazard