St. Luke United Methodist Church 

Stuart Heights was originally the Stuart Estate, composed of hundreds of
acres owned by a family living in England. When the Stuart family sold the
property, two of the partners of the law firm representing the family
donated two lots for the church, with church trustees buying additional
property as needed. The church was organized that year – 1951. Excavation
for the first phases of the preset facility began in 1952, when there were
71 members; services were held in the parsonage during this time. The first
phase was completed in 1953, at which time a Hammond was donated for use in
the temporary worship space. The church plant, including the 400-seat
sanctuary, was completed in 1965, at which time the Moller was installed.
The sanctuary is 100 feet long with a 26′ ceiling. The exterior is built of
crab orchard stone with Indiana limestone trim. Present membership is
around 450.

The sanctuary is quite attractive and cheerful, with natural light streaming
in through the clear glass windows. The organ sounds quite good in the
unusually live room.

M. P. Moller, Inc., Opus 10044, 1966, 2/8


16′ Bourdon
8′ Diapason
8′ Gedeckt 12
8′ Dulciana
4′ Octave 12
4′ Gedeckt 12
2′ Flute 12
II Grave Mixture


8′ Viole de Gambe
8′ Viole Celeste
4′ Nachthorn
4′ Gamba 12
2′ Nachthorn 12
16′ Trompette 12
8′ Trompette
4′ Trompette 12


16′ Bourdon GT
8′ Diapason GT
8′ Gedeckt GT
8′ Viole de Gambe SW
4′ Octave GT
4′ Nachthorn SW
II Grave Mixture GT
16′ Trompette SW
8′ Trompette SW
4′ Trompette SW