St. Thaddaeus’ Episcopal Church
St. Thaddaeus’ Episcopal Church, located in the Murray Hills section of the
city, held its first worship service in the auditorium of the
Jersey-Kingspoint School on 9/10/61. The present sanctuary was dedicated on
November 11, 1962, and seats around 150 people. The interior is beautiful
in its simple but creative design, with natural light entering the sanctuary
subtly from the peak of the roof and through windows along the bottom of the
walls. It is one of the prettier churches in the city. The acoustics are
quite good when the room is empty.
The Episcopal Church of the Good Shepherd, Lookout Mountain, served as the
mother church when St. Thaddaeus was being organized and built. When Good
Shepherd’s Hillgreen-Lane organ was being installed in 1962, they gave St.
Thaddaeus the Moller.
M. P. Moller, Inc., Opus 8558, 1954/1962, 2/4
2 2/3′ Twelfth
2 2/3′ Nazard
The Trumpet rank was added in 2003 by Barger & Nix, Chattanooga.